LONDON INTELLIGENCE (‘LI’) takes your privacy very seriously.
London Intelligence may ask you to provide information or collect data from you on different occasions, including at a number of points on the Site, such as when you:
• (i) e-mail enquiries, contributions or your views to LI;
• (ii) enter competitions;
• (iii) register to receive or download information, newsletters or other documentation; or
• (iv) purchase goods or services from LI.
The information that you are asked to provide will vary depending on the reason for the collection. In some instances, for example, if you purchase goods or services from LI, the provision of certain information will be mandatory.
When you visit the Site, LI may also collect, process and use informing about you and your use of the Site (which may not personally identify you), including any forums you visit and how you arrived at our Site. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies” or other tracking technologies, “IP Addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify your computer.
Collection of information by third parties
When you use this Site, other companies also collect certain information on you using anonymous identifiers, cookies and the other tracking technologies mentioned above. In this regard, we use Google Analytics to better understand how visitors navigate to and through this Site, how long visitors spend visiting our content items and how often they return to visit our Site. Google Analytics also helps LI to:
• track the effectiveness of any money LI spend on digital marketing campaigns
• track the age range, gender, affinity categories, and other related categories; and
• reach people who have visited the Site through remarketing with Google Analytics. This may include Google and other third party vendors showing advertisements on sites across the Internet.
You can delete cookies or configure your computer to reject them, although this may disable the Site’s ability to manage individual sessions.
Please note that if you choose to participate in any discussion forum on the Site you may disclose personal information about yourself to other participants. If you do so this is at your own risk.
How London Intelligence uses your information
We will use your personal information:
• (i) to respond to your enquiry;
• (ii) to acknowledge any contribution that you may make;
• (iii) to administer the relevant competition;
• (iv) to send information to you;
• (v) to fulfil any contract that LI may enter into with you;
• (vi) for research purposes;
• (vii) to send marketing information to you in accordance with the provisions set out below; or
• (viii) for other reasonable purposes for which you have provided such information.
If you purchase goods or services from us we may send you further information that is related to your purchase, by post or e-mail, or contact you by telephone.
If you do not wish to receive any of the above information or be contacted by LI in accordance with the above, please update your preferences online (where this facility is available) or alternatively write to the Data Protection Officer at the address below.
If you submit your views to LI via our contact form, LI may publish your views on this Site, any other website operated by us or our subsidiaries or in other media. If you do not want us to do this, please let LI know when you submit your views.
LI may also share your information with government, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies when we consider the disclosure to be fair, reasonable and legal.
Protection of information
LI is committed to protecting your privacy and we implement various security measures in relation to our processing and transfer of personal data. However, the nature of the Internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons.
Your right to access the information
You have the right to access the information that LI holds about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to do this please make a written application to the Data Protection Officer, at the address provided below. LI may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay an administrative fee (which is currently £10) to provide a copy of the information that it holds. Please note that in certain circumstances LI may withhold access to your information where it has the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
Updating your information
In the event that there is a change to your personal information for example your contact details, please let LI know of this by updating your details online (where this facility is available) or writing to the Data Protection Officer, so that LI can keep your information up to date and accurate.